Sometime ago we made a presentation on BI Publisher 11g and touched this matter. Here we revisit this interesting topic again and present you a summary of the upgrade process.
The upgrade of BI Publisher 10g to 11g is essentially a three step process:
1. Install BIEE 11g
Run Upgrade Assistant (to upgrade BI Publisher 10g Repository)
3. Run Upgrade Assistant (to upgrade BI Publisher 10g Scheduler metadata)
Assumptions: Certain considerations should be taken during the process as for example.
- BI Publisher 10g Repository is file based. If it is XMLDB based then move the directory to a file system before migration. As of release 11.1.0 there is no support for XMLDB repository type (Future will use MDS as repository).
- The upgrade assistant assumes the BI Publisher 10g repository is accessible in a shared drive.
- Before upgrade, make sure BI Publisher 11g is set to repository File Type (by default it is BIEE Catalog) because the UA only upgrades to file type repository.
- After upgrade, BIEE 11g and BI Publisher 11g integration works if security is "Fusion Middleware" and BI Publisher Repository is BIEE Catalog. So use the utility in BI Publisher 11g Administration --> Server Configuration --> Select Catalog Type: BIEE --> set the BIP Repository path -->Upload to BI PS Catalog
1. Oracle BI Publisher 11g Documentation